This. These Times.
This. This is the reason that 51/2 years ago when I started my company I used the word “community” in it. It’s also why I used the word “NEST” in it.
People need to flock together as communities to work together to weather this kind of situation. And then, they will soar!!
We need connections and common goals and a feeling of we’re all in it together. We shouldn’t need a crisis to do this type of work, either. Working together for the common good is the right thing to do.
- If you don’t already see the power of groups coming together and working in unity, you will now.
- If you don’t already focus on innovation and ideation as a regular part of your group or company’s goals, you will now.
- If you don’t already have a futures component to your regular conversations and staff meetings, you will now.
- If you don’t spend time thinking about the “T” and “W” in a SWOT analysis “Threats” and “Weaknesses,” you will now.
- If you don’t already know the many, many stakeholders you have—the people and groups whom your organization, company or products impact, you will now.
- If you don’t already have alignment from your boards and staff and funders related to policies and procedures, you will now.
- If you don’t spend time understanding the emotional and personal needs of your staff, you will now.
- If you don’t already have a plan in place for crisis communications and risk management and business interruption, you will now.
- If you don’t already have a solid and clean database to be able to quickly and efficiently reach your customers, members and vendors, you will now.
- If you don’t already understand who your customers are and what they want from you, you will now.
- If you don’t already rely on a cross-sectional, diverse leadership team where all departments, despite their differences, are needed to solve problems, you will now.
These are the foundations on which I built my company. This is the work I thrive in. These conversations, this focus on community, the quick and strategic brainstorms, and messaging out to your various stakeholder groups—this is what I do. This is what I have always done.
This is a huge opportunity for companies and organizations to thrive and show leadership. We can do this. Let me know if I can help.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.